Slider

NYC Travel Diary | 6 Days in NYC

Tuesday 11 September 2018

At the beginning of August I was lucky enough to visit NYC with my mum and can I just say how grateful I am that I got to visit such a beautiful city.  NYC was just insane, there was so much to explore, so much to experience and so much to see. We went for 5 nights and 6 days, we managed to pack each and every day full of unforgettable experiences.

Neither my mum or I had ever been to America at all but have always wanted to go, so actually getting on the plane and going was such a big deal for us. Also, it was my first ever 'longer haul' flight which was nerve-wracking and just completely alien itself. But it was 110% worth the journey- I know some people would not consider 7 hours a long flight but for us it really was challenging, but like I said, worth every fear.

If you are considering a trip- book it. You won't regret it!

I want to share some of my favourite moments in NYC with you all, I want to share the beauty of the city and relive my time there. So this post is going to be full of photos, captions and NYC highlights.


St Patricks Cathedral was possibly one of the most gorgeous buildings I have ever seen. The architecture was just stunning. Absolutely stunning. Yet stunning isn't even strong enough to describe it, the detail of the building is insane- as you can see and being in a street full of shops and sky scrapers, it was beautiful to see such a traditional building standing.
Inside felt so peaceful and I felt really relaxed, it was utterly breathtaking. Everyone was so silent and respectful (being a place of worship), there people stopping off on their morning commute and I just kept thinking, what an amazing way to start the day?!


The rocker feller centre was another building that stunned me, it is so inspiring, I cant explain why, but looking at the building from the bottom, knowing that people worked hard to create such a masterpiece was and still is just fascinating. Even the outside area was beautiful. We went to the very top of the rocker feller centre which you can see below.


The view from the top of the rocker feller centre was absolutely incredible, I mean, just look at the view of Empire State Building! At the top I had a real moment- "I am actually here". Which sounds silly because of course we were there but as I said I had never been to anywhere in America at all in my life and the fact that we had made it to the top of the rocker feller centre just felt so surreal to us both. The city still takes me breath away, Manhattan really is such a unique and inspiring place.


The actual Empire State Building- everytime I look at this picture I have to take a deep breath because the height of it honestly scares me! We went to the top and it was absolutely stunning however the height of it was borderline too much haha! It *almost* goes on forever. Being someone who hates lifts- it wasn't the most ideal scenario (but worth it!).


Times Square: the bright lights, the shops, the theatres, the restaurants... all of it, exactly how I imagined Times Square to be like. Another pinch me moment. Me and my mum were honestly so excited, in and out of different shops, all of the buzzing side streets... it is all abit of a blur. Times Square just had a buzz- people everywhere, music and more...  It felt like I was in a film.
I must admit, time square was a little too much for me. I prefer somewhere a bit less intense, though I still loved being there and appreciating the fact that I was in NYC!!! 


Central park was right opposite our hotel (such an amazing view- very lucky!). It is honestly crazy how such a large amount of greenery and open space is in the heart of such a built up city. New York is literally full of skyscraper buildings, so to have a huge park right in the middle is breathtakingly beautiful. I was fascinated by all of the little areas to central park, it is a park unlike no other. The lake was huge, there was a turtle pond too which was adorable. I wish we had more time in central park...I could have spent the whole 5 days exploring central park alone, a truly magnificent place. 




The high line was peaceful, that is the only word I can think of to describe it. Mum and I walked along it chatting, taking in the views of New York, in the middle of a city but feeling like we were in the middle of a park. We felt like we were walking over NYC, watching the world go by, if that makes any sense at all. The long streets and avenues that appear to go on for ever, people rushing on their daily commute and other people wandering along as tourists. I really loved the highline and would be sure to go back if I ever return to the big city.

Its just diet coke lol

Here are some recommendations: 

Visit: 
- The Highline
- The Empire State Building (Even just for a picture outside, it is honestly unreal)
- Central Park
- St Patricks Cathedral 
- The 9/11 memorial- I haven't included pictures as we did not feel comfortable taking a picture at the memorial however it was beautiful place of respect and remembrance. 

Eat:
- Milk Ice Cream Bar (instagramable + delicious) 
GIMMEEEE
- Serafina (Times Square)
- 'Twohands' was a great lunch spot, incredible food! (twohandsnyc.com)
- Pazza Notte (THE BEST PIZZA) http://www.pazzanotte.com/main-menu/







That is all for now, some of my special moments in NYC, though there were plenty more, such as seeing the Statue of Liberty, Brooklyn bridge and Grand Central Station.

I really enjoyed writing post, I loved New York and as cringe as it sounds, I genuinely had 'the time of my life'. If only I could go back this second! Have you been to NYC? Where was your fave place?

If you would like to see more NYC posts from me, maybe some recommendations/tips/ what I bought in NYC etc.. I would be happy to do them! Comment below or tweet me: @_ellabellax



Ellie x








No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|