Slider

Real Talk: Positivity

Wednesday 5 September 2018

Positivity is a beautiful thing: to be optimistic, to celebrate achievements, to share our happiest times... I think we all want to be positive, because if you are positive you are happier, right?



It is easy to portray a positive lifestyle, to post happy quotes, to share share pictures where you are smiling, laughing and having fun, but what people don't tend to do, is to share the down moments. Now I am not saying we all need to start sharing all of our saddest moments and personal hardships, but I do think we need to be reminded of reality.

Of course, some people do share ups and downs but my point is, we often look at other people on social media and think "wow they are so happy" "their life looks amazing" "I wish I was them" "how are they so perfect"... and thoughts as such, when in reality we all have struggles and down days/weeks. Someone could be smiling on instagram and crying in real life.

When influencers get asked- how do you stay positive all the time?- their answer is often 'I don't'.

Negativity is normal. Just how positivity is normal. The difference is, we are surrounded my people 'living their best lives' which is beautiful to see, however I think we need to remember that it is ok not to be constantly living your 'best life'. In fact, it is not possible to constantly live your best life- we learn from mistakes, we grow through all the challenges we face.





I am not trying to put a downer on positivity, I love being positive, I try to turn negatives into positives and I am also more willing to share my best moments and much less willing to share my worst. But what I do want to do is highlight the fact that you should not beat yourself up for not being positive, because the pressure to constantly be happy is probably more damaging than anything else!

I hope you understand my point and that this helps you in some way.
Ellie x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|