Slider

The Perfect Autumn Makeup Look

Thursday 13 September 2018

Makeup is back


After a summer of tinted moisturiser and minimal makeup, I am not sad for it to be getting a bit cooler, allowing me to experiment more with makeup, without it melting off my face!

Some of these products I have used for over a year, others are new to me, but all together they create a flawless- but not heavy- makeup look. I hate makeup that feels heavy on the skin, I like to look fresh and healthy with a decent amount of coverage.
The eyeshadow palette is by revolution, I already have an in depth review of it on my blog, which you can find here. But as you can see, the burgundy, pinks, oranges and browns are all very autumnal,   I love to use brown as a base and orange or burgundy in the crease, my go to look at this time of the year!

Lets have a look at my faves:


When I was in New York City- read about my NYC trip here- I picked up this L'Oreal infallible pro-glow foundation and the NYX 'gotcha covered concealer'.  And let me tell you, I 100% do not regret my purchases because this foundation is perfect for me, it still allows my skin to breathe and look fresh but gives a medium to full coverage. Now I am quite lucky with my skin and I do not have many blemishes so I cannot really give a verdict on that side however I can say if you are looking for a foundation that has decent coverage without being cakey this is one to consider! It covers any red patches and gives my skin a flawless base.

I struggle with very dark circles (one thing I am not so lucky about...) however this concealer really does cover them. It brightens my under eye and hides how tired I actually am, whilst being dewy- nothing worse than cakey undereyes. 


Becca Champagne pop, practically known and raved about by every living creature.. but I am going to rave anyway. Oh my garwwwdd it is stunning! The glow this gives is unreal, not one for those who like to be subtle with their highlight, however, but definitely one if you like your highlight to POP. It is very pigmented and I love that it isn't glittery, just glowy. This would also look absolutely incredible on darker skin tones! 


Soap and Glory thick and fast mascara was raved about a few years back, did I listen- no, should I have- yes! I finally got around to trying out this mascara and it is honestly incredible considering the £10 price tag. With maybelline mascaras and this soap and glory one, I do not see the need to ever purchase an expensive mascara again to be honest!

It is lengthening, it gives my eyelashes volume and it is really dark black. This may seem like an odd point but you know when you get those mascaras that need so many layers because they aren't dark enough, well this one is dark enough, with 1-2 layers. It's perfect because your eyelashes are given a boost of volume, without being clumpy. The only thing it doesn't do is give my lashes as much of a curl as other mascaras but we can't have it all, haha.


Revolution is one of my go to cheaper makeup brands, I trust their products, and this eye brow 'cushion' did not let me down. It sounds weird but it is such an incredible brow product. It's so easy to use, with an angled brush I fill in my brows (in sparse areas) and it blends in so well with my natural hair AND lasts all day. I have already purchased 3 times and guess what it is £4. Cannot go wrong!

Other makeup products featured in the picture:

- Charlotte Tilbury Lipstick in the shade valentine , this pink/nude lipstick gives me a "my lips but better" kind of look, I prefer natural looking shades as they need less touch ups throughout the day (lazy life haha).
- Max factor Bronzer (light gold)- one of my all time favourite bronzers, I don't always wear bronzer but when I do, this is the one I go for!
- Hourglass blusher (ethereal glow), pricey but gives you such a natural healthy look and is very pigmented so you only need a tiny amount!


I hope you enjoyed this post and have discovered some new products.
Let me know what products you are loving in the comments!

Ellie x

Want to take all that makeup off and unwind...?
Check out my pamper routine: here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|