Slider

The Perfect Pamper Night | Self Care

Saturday 8 September 2018

Pamper nights are the perfect way to dedicate a few hours to self care and relaxation. We all need down time and a 'recharge', especially when feeling stressed.


(I have tried to link as many of the products as possible to help you out!)

Skincare:



I personally cannot relax and have a cosy evening with makeup on, so my first step is to use my favourite body shop cleansing butter to make sure my skin is all fresh and makeup free! I find the body shop skin care in general gentle and perfect for sensitive skin, I would highly recommend. This cleansing butter removes makeup really well and is a perfect dupe for the Emma Hardie cleansing balm. *Though if you have oily skin this may not be for you*
The toner I love at the moment is by Liz Earle, like it says, it gives my skin a well needed 'boost' of hydration after wearing makeup all day!
Finally, I have recently been loving the Simple skin quench moisturiser, however I have not used it for long enough to give my full thoughts, though I must say the formula is great, its like a gel so it feels light on the skin but also like it is working. 
Liz Earle Deep Cleansing Mask

A deep face mask once a week is a staple for me, though I have clear skin, I believe that if I didn't use face masks like this, maybe my skin wouldn't be so clear, taking the time to really care for my skin is something I actually really enjoy doing. This mask unclogs my pores (hate that phrase but the only way to describe this mask),  it gives my skin that "clean" feeling, (though I must say the smell is not my favourite, but bearable for the results!)

*Liz Earle does not recommend this mask for sensitive skin, however from personal experience, I find it does not have any negative effects on my skin, I tested a small patch first so maybe that is the best thing to do.
Holler and Glow
If I am feeling over the top, to rehydrate my skin after using a deep cleansing mask, I will use a sheet mask. Lets face it, I picked these Holler and Glow masks because the packaging is stunning! However, I must say, they do really make your skin 'glowy' and hydrated. There is a lot of 'liquid' in the masks so they do leave my skin quite wet, I massage the mask into my face and then pat my face dry with a cleansing cloth/flannel. 

On this particular pamper night I used the "bling ting" face mask but next time I am excited to try the "money honey" one- I cannot get over the names, haha.


Bath time:

I am secretly excited that it is now getting slighter colder, meaning I can run a warm bath in the evenings and actually enjoy it, rather than feeling baked because it is also 30 degrees outside! 😂
Seriously though, can you beat soaking in a warm bubble bath after a busy day? I think not!



A bath without bubbles? Just not the same. I am not overly fussy about which bubble bath I use as long as it smells nice and creates lots of bubbles. At the moment I have been reaching for Zoella's Bath Latte, it smells fresh and not overly sweet (vanilla), I think it is a universal scent! It creates big bubbles and when I get out of the bath, I can still smell it on my skin, which I don't mind one bit!

Post bath, moisturising my skin is a must. As the weather gets cooler, my skin gets significantly drier. I wish I could say that I moisturise my body daily but unfortunately I don't, most days I cannot be bothered or forget to, but recently, I have been actively trying to moisturise  more as I really do hate having dry skin! On pamper evenings, however, I do always take the time the moisturise- like the bubble bath, I am not too bothered about which one I use as long as it smells nice and feels hydrating!
Recently I have loved the Victoria Secret 'Amber Romance' moisturiser, purely because of the smell if I am honest!


Chill time:

There is nothing I love more than having a relaxed evening, taking time to watch something I love, to cuddle my dog, to watch youtube etc.. allows me to wind down. However sometimes it is hard to just chill. When you are stressed about something, your mind keeps ticking,  you should be doing something it is hard to allow yourself to relax.

Here are some things I like to do to forget about the world for a few hours!




Snuggles with my dog (Teddy) are the best, he is so warm and cuddly and I just love him so much. If you have a dog, you will totally understand💛 Grab a blanket, cosy slippers and comfy clothes! 
I also like to watch abit of youtube because I do get bored very easily, haha.

Youtubers I am loving right now: (links on names)
1) Melanie Murphy: she is honestly hilarious, but also discusses such important topics, I find her videos really interesting. 
2) Lucy Wood: I love that Lucy promotes confidence, also she seems so lovely.
3) Fabulous Hannah: her style is incredible and she is also very relatable. When you watch Hannahs videos, she is the kind of person that makes you think 'I want to be her friend'!



Painting my nails makes me feel good, I just feel 'nicer' when I have my nails filed and painted. This Barry M 'mani mask' gives a nude/natural colour, the main point of the varnish is the help your nails grow and nourish them, which I defo need. Though I must admit, sometimes painting my nails is very stressful, smudges, waiting for them to dry, nails chipping etc... defo depends on my mood haha! (anyone relate?!)



When people used to tell me that colouring helped them be for mindful and was a way of relaxing I listened, but never really used their advice as I thought, 'that won't work for me'. But I promise, give it a go, it really does help you chill out. You are so busy focusing on the colouring all of your worries fade for a little while. ( Let me know if you give it a go, tweet me pictures of your colouring! @_ellabellax )


That is my pamper routine complete. Pamper evenings are so important to me, I love feeling refreshed, relaxed and ready for the next day. When you feel a bit tired, a bit run down and stressed, an evening like this really can make you feel 100% better, trust me!

My favourite day to have a pamper night is a Sunday! How about you? What staple products do you use on your pamper nights? I would love to know!

Ellie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|