Slider

How To Keep Fit and Motivated

Sunday 20 January 2019

Keeping fit can seem like such an overwhelming task that you just want to put off because it is too much effort, well that is what I used to think anyway. And, I guess it can be. Keeping fit is something some people pour a lot of energy into, whether that be meal prepping, working out 5 times a week, organising workout routines etc.. however, try to remember that it does not have to be that complicated. The most important thing to remember, out of everything, is that healthy/fit looks different on everyone! Health does not equal being ripped or super toned, you can be fit and healthy without that too. I am no professional, but I thought I could share my personal fitness tips :)



1) Drink Water

Yes, we have heard this 100 million times before, but guess what- it really helps! Since consciously drinking more water I feel more energetic, my skin looks clearer, there are so many benefits, and of course, the more energy you have the better- right?!

2) Establish a routine

A routine sounds restrictive and regimental but again, it does not have to be. Find a routine that works for you and you can manage. I may want to work out Mondays, Wednesdays and Sundays whilst you many want to work out 3 days a week- whenever you can rather than having set days. You may want to have certain days where you do different workouts- leg day/ abs/ arms/ cardio. You need to find a routine that suits your lifestyle! There is no such thing as doing it 'wrong', exercise is very personal to you.

3) Exercise for fun!

Exercise and fun may sound like polar opposites to you however this is the problem, it should not be this way. I believe there is a form of exercise out there for everyone, you just need to find the one you enjoy. Lets say I hated going to the gym- I can workout from home, go for runs, do a fitness DVD, yoga, join a class, dance, or simply incorporate a walk into my day. Exercise need not be something dreaded. If you find a form of exercise you enjoy, it will make it a whole lot easier. I like to mix up for form of exercise I do to stop myself getting bored of it, you don't want it to become a chore! If exercise becomes something you enjoy, you will actually want to do it.

4) Balance

As with pretty much anything in life- balance is necessary. When it comes to food, your diet does play a key role in your health and fitness but this does not mean you need to cut out every piece of sugar/ junk form your diet. At the end of the day, food is food and is there to give us energy but also to be social and to enjoy! Therefore cutting out the things you love is just miserable- lets be real! So I like to know that I can enjoy any food I want, however in a sensible and balanced way. One day I may reach for an apple but one day I most certainly will reach for a chocolate bar!


I hope this post helped in some way, let me know your top tips in the comments so we can all get even more tips and guidance!

Thanks for reading,
Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.
Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan
|